Saturday

The Wind

THE WIND

I come and go as it pleases me...
I have no mercy for sailors at sea...
I rule the seasons, to them I give birth...
I sculpture the face of God's precious earth.

I speak as the voice of natures great wrath...
I wear down whatever should stand in my path...
I disperse new life to be grown in the sun...
I ask for no payment for the work I have done.

I sometimes have caution thrown in my face...
I have the power to end your great race...
I challenge all dreamers that  may tease  me for fun...
I search the four corners for truth but find none.

I search for and seek out the fires of hell
I then rest in the heavens It's there that I dwell,
I balance the forces and even the odds
I make not excuses, answer only to God.

I have time on my side, it is my best friend...
I have no beginning and know not an end...
I treat all men as equal, for all are the same...
I am what I am, the wind is my name.

John G. Peters, 1990











No comments:

Post a Comment